Today we will focus on syntax in the cultural appropriation articles assigned on Thursday last. Go back through your chosen articles and examine how the authors use sentence patterns and variety for an effect on the reader. Below are some basic questions to get you thinking about syntax. Assume WHY behind each one.
- Are the sentences simple and direct or complex and convoluted?
- Are the sentences loose/cumulative or periodic?
- Are there rhetorical questions in the passage?
- Is there variety in the sentence patterns?
- Does the author use repetition?
- Does the author use parallel structure?
- Does the author use antithesis?
- Does the author use juxtaposition?
Put your example of interesting syntax on this form.